- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¾ cups whole milk
- ½ cup mascarpone
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 1 teaspoon amaretto
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 cup crushed amaretti cookies, plus more for garnish
- Maple syrup, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt until incorporated, and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, mascarpone, buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of the melted butter, the amaretto, vanilla and egg yolks until smooth. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Using an electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks, then carefully fold them into the batter, along with the crushed amaretti cookies.
3. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat ½ tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add ½ cup of the batter to the pan and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add more butter as needed when cooking the remaining pancakes.
4. Divide the pancakes between plates and garnish with more crushed amaretti cookies, then serve with maple syrup.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”