- 4 medium (1½ pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup canola oil, divided
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
1. On a cutting board, lay out the chicken breasts and cover with plastic wrap. Using a mallet, pound until ½ inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a food processor, pulse the panko bread crumbs into a coarse powder and transfer to a shallow dish. In 2 other shallow dishes, place the flour in one and the beaten eggs in the other. Working with 1 breast at a time, dredge in the flour mixture, followed by the egg then panko, making sure to coat each breast completely. Place on a plate until ready to fry.
3. Line a plate with paper towels and set aside. Heat ¼ cup of the canola oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the capers and cook, stirring often, until golden and crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to the prepared plate to drain. Then, working in batches and flipping once, fry each chicken cutlet until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared plate to drain. Add the remaining ¼ cup of the canola oil after the second schnitzel is fried.
4. Divide the schnitzel between dishes and garnish with fried capers and chopped parsley, then serve with lemon wedges on the side.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”