Parenting today is much different than what it used to be. Ilana from Mommy Shorts put together a collection of photos from her personal childhood and a few others submitted by her readers.
1. They didn’t really think much about our welfare in the womb.
2. Or anytime after, come to think of it.
3. They had absolutely zero regard for car safety.
4. They also broke the cardinal rule and put car seats in the front seat…
5. Tying it down with rope was their definition of ‘security’.
6. I mean, look at that car seat!
7. Sometimes, they didn’t bother with car seats at all.
8. .…or worse.
9. We’ll all fit, they said. It’ll be fun, they said.
10. No space, no problem!
11. And if we couldn’t all squeeze into the car…
12. A seatbelt around the elbow should work just fine, too.