To make this meal, simply layer all the ingredients in a baking dish and pop it in the oven. This casserole is best served warm straight out of the oven, but you can freeze any leftovers you may have so you can enjoy this dish again and again!
- 2 – 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened at room temperature.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Mexican Cheddar Jack Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 Jalapeno Peppers, deseeded, and diced
- 1 – 2 lb. bag of tater tots
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Line a casserole dish with tater tots. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
While the tater tots are baking, cook bacon, blot fat away, and crumble into small pieces. Dice the peppers and slice the onions..
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1½ cups of Cheddar jack cheese, bacon (save a little bit for the topping), diced Jalapeno peppers, and most of the sliced onions (save a few for the top). Stir to thoroughly combine ingredients.
Spread the jalapeno mixture over the top of the tater tots.
Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese.
Sprinkle the extra bacon pieces and onion slices over the top.
Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”