1 Refrigerated Pie Crust
2 CUPS Whole milk
4 Large eggs
3 Green onions, sliced
1 CUP Shredded Gouda
2 CUPS Cooked diced potatoes
3/4 TSP salt
1/4 TSP freshly ground black pepper
8 Slices thick cut bacon
Maple syrup for brushing
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a large mixing bowl. Add the cheese, hash browns and green onions
3. Stir to combine.
4. Lay the pie crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the quiche is firm enough to lay the bacon on.
7. Remove the pie and increase the temperature to 450ºF.
8. Weave the bacon into a lattice on top of the pie.
9. Brush each strip of bacon with maple syrup.
10. Cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
11. Return the pie to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the bacon is done.
12. Tip pie dish carefully to drain any bacon grease.
13. Let the pie sit for 5 minutes before serving.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”