She Hears Her Daughter Screaming In Pain And When She Sees What’s Happened, She’s Shocked

never use phone while charging

With massive advancements in cell phone technology, teens have wanted them ever since. I probably don’t have to tell you that, if you’re a parent.

This leaves parents nowadays faced with a difficult choice. Should you let your kid have a cell phone?

You’ll be able to keep tabs on them and make sure they’re OK when they’re out, but you may have trouble getting them to put it down.

If you do decide they’re ready, you need to know this important safety info.

But for 13-year-old Gabbie Fedro, the excitement of her first cell phone would soon change.

never use phone while charging

A week after she got it, Fedro ran downstairs screaming, clutching her neck.

 

never use phone while charging

When she took her hands away, there was a second-degree burn on her neck. 

Fedro told her mom this happened after she used her phone while it was charging.

never use phone while charging

Fedro said it all started with an electric shock.  The current traveled through her metal necklace and reached her neck giving her a nasty burn.

never use phone while charging

She’ll now have a permanent scar. How did this happen?

Nobody knows for now, but the Fedros sent the phone to T-Mobile for testing. The company has since replaced the phone and offered to pay Gabbie’s medical bills.

never use phone while charging

The Fedros said they bought the phone and charger new from T-Mobile.

Most of the time, phone-related electrocutions like this happen with the use of bad, third-party chargers.

never use phone while charging

Cell phone companies urge customers to only use official chargers and batteries for their products.

These products are subject to intense safety testing to prevent this from happening, which is why Fedro’s burn is such an anomaly.

So until we hear what caused this, it’s probably a good idea not to use your phone while it’s charging.

never use phone while charging

Please be sure to Like Us to see more stories like this