Makes about 4-6 servings
3 tbsp (45g) butter, melted
2 tbsp (25g) Parmesan cheese
1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
1 tsp thyme leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8-10 gold potatoes (1.4 kg) sliced thin (about 1/16 inch -1.6 mm thick)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190C). Butter 12 muffin cups and set aside. Cut the potatoes into thin slices, preferably using a mandoline.
2. Place potato slices into a large bowl. Add melted butter, Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
3. Layer the potato slices into stacks and place in the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper.
4. Bake until the edges and tops are golden brown and the centers are tender, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Remove from the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes then remove from pan and garnish with parmesan cheese and thyme.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”