You Won’t Believe What They Discover Inside This Massive Snake’s Belly…

When you own a pet, you just have to accept that everything in your house will probably appear edible to them at some point. I know my dog sees pretty much everything as a delicious chew toy.

But down in Australia, where dangerous wild animals lurk around every corner, there’s a lot more to worry about than just your dog chewing up your shoe.

When a family on Australia’s Gold Coast discovered a large python had broken into their home, they panicked. But then they noticed it was acting strangely.

snake teddy bear

When they spotted a large bulge in the middle of the snake’s body, they called handler Tony Harrison who rushed the reptile to a local vet. The vet x-rayed the snake and decided they needed to get the object out…immediately.

snake teddy bear

The team of veterinarians got right to work, performing an emergency operation on the snake. 

snake teddy bear

The snake had eaten…a stuffed teddy bear!

snake teddy bear

If the bear hadn’t been removed, it would have led to a severe infection, or worse.

snake teddy bear

It took fifteen stitches to get the snake back and ready for action.

snake teddy bear

Sadly, it was too late to reattach the bear’s leg. 

snake teddy bear

The snake was kept under the watchful eye of his doctors, but eventually recuperated and was released back to the wild where he’ll hopeful find more edible things to feast upon.

snake teddy bear

After several rides through the washing machine, the poor battered bear was returned to the family.

snake teddy bear

If I found a snake that size in my house the last thing I’d do is examine it to make sure it was feeling well. These people deserve more than a regurgitated teddy bear. They deserve a medal!

(Source)

If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”

Please be sure to Like Us to see more stories like this