He’s a living legend, a king of horror, a maestro of mystery, and a brilliant writer. He’s also a person who fought his own bad habits and rose from rags to riches. Stephen King, a writer who studied every dark corner of the human soul, knows the best ways to find the path back to greatness.
We hope that this advice from incorrigible optimist Stephen King will help you out if life has buried you deep.
- The only way to go on is to go on. To say ’I can do this’ even when you know you can’t.
- If you can’t love someone, at least try not to offend them.
- The planet is turning, you know. You can turn with it or you can hold on to something and object to it, but then you are going to be knocked down.
- Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not. Time takes it all, time bears it away, and in the end there is only darkness. Sometimes we find others in that darkness, sometimes we lose them there again.
- If you’re alone, it doesn’t mean you’re crazy.
- Everyone has something like a dung shovel to dig in oneself, one’s thoughts and feelings at stressful and unfortunate moments. Get rid of it. Burn it. Or else the hole you dug will reach the depths of your subconscious and dead men will come out of it by night.
- There are a lot of things people think they can’t do, and then discover they can when they find themselves tight-wired.
- Your attitude towards the past should be ruthless and calm. Those strikes that kill us don’t matter. Only the ones we survive do.
- The only way to have a conversation with a fool is to ignore him.
- ’Never’ is the word God listens for when he needs a laugh.
- Only after we’ve lost everything can we achieve true freedom.
- The two most beautiful words in any language are ’’I forgive’’.
- Be careful what you pray for because you might end up getting it.
- Anything with the power to make you laugh over thirty years later isn’t a waste of time. I think something like that is very close to immortality.
- Any choice boils down to one easy question: to be or not to be, to live or to exist.
- If you don’t control your temper, your temper will control you.
- When a person stops changing, stops feeling, and stops loving, he dies.
- We live to fight every new day.
- If you feel bad when you’re alone, I doubt you’ll feel better with someone.
- It’s important to make the world a better place, but it’s no less important to get to a toilet by yourself.
- Luck is for fools. It’s all they have hope for, the poor devils.
- Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
- The tears that heal are also the tears that scald and scourge.
- There may be fairies, there may be elves, but God helps those who help themselves.
- We are cursed and doomed to always think that we could have done it better even when we get everything we wanted.
- When all else fails, give up and go to the library.
- There’s no harm in hoping for the best as long as you’re prepared for the worst.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”