Baby oil is actually a type of mineral oil. Mineral oils can refer to a wide range of colorless, odorless mixtures of alkanes formed as a by-product of refining crude oil into gasoline and other petroleum products. Of all the mineral oils, baby oil is probably the most well-known.
Here are 18 other uses for it that you may not have thought of.
1. A thin layer of baby oil on your face can help prevent frostbite in the winter time.
2. Instead of nasty chemical cleansers, use baby oil to remove eye makeup.
3. Got paint all over you/your clothes? I got two words for ya: Baby. Oil.
4. Kids got a temporary tattoo that you’d like to make even more temporary? Baby oil will wipe it away in a flash.
5. Make your skin silky smooth by adding a little baby oil to your next bath.
6. Getting gum in your hair is the worst, but applying baby oil to the affected area makes it much easier to remove. Be sure to wash your hair afterwards.
7. If you’ve got cracked heels, rub baby oil on them regularly to get them back to being as smooth as – yep, you guessed it – a baby’s!
8. Use a small drop of baby oil and a toothpick to help loosen up tangled jewelry.
9. Ladies (and men who love to swim): avoid nicks and cuts while shaving your legs by using baby oil. As a bonus, your skin will be smooth and supple afterwards.
10. Stuck zipper? Baby oil.
11. Squeaky door? Baby oil!
Baby oil is like Frank’s Red Hot: I put that **** on everything.
12. A little baby oil around the ends of your nails before you paint them makes cleanup much easier when you’re done.
13. Naturally, you could use baby oil to massage adults too. Why should babies have all the fun?
14. A few drops of baby oil poured into your ear canal can help soften up the ear wax. Learn more about this process here.
15. As with many other oils, baby oil will also restore the sheen to your wooden furniture but with the added bonus of making it smell really nice too.
16. Mix one teaspoon of baby oil with half a teaspoon of sugar and a few drops of lemon juice to make a homemade lip scrub suitable for daily use.
17. Baby oil on the walls of your shower helps eliminate the formation of soap scum. I just scrubbed out my shower yesterday, where has this knowledge been all my life?
18. Applying a little baby oil to a band-aid helps make it easier and less painful to remove.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”