- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (7 ounces) maitake mushrooms, roughly torn
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 6 small (4 ounces) spring garlic stalks, thinly sliced on a bias
- ½ cup peas (preferably fresh)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup (2 ounces) goat cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the broiler with a rack set 6 inches from the heating source. In an ovenproof 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and the thyme, and cook until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the spring garlic and cook until soft, 3 minutes. Add the peas and cook until bright green and tender, 1 minute more. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and let cool.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream until smooth. Stir in the reserved vegetables, the parsley, mint, lemon zest and pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the butter to the skillet and return to medium-high heat. Pour in the egg mixture and cook until the bottom is golden brown, 4 minutes. Sprinkle the top with goat cheese and transfer to the oven. Cook until set and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer the frittata to a board and cut into wedges. Garnish with more chopped parsley and mint, then serve.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”