- 1 cup loosely packed mixed herbs (such as mint, tarragon, basil and chives)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of ½ lemon)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup canola oil, grapeseed oil or another neutral flavored oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a blender, combine the herbs, egg yolks, garlic, lemon juice and water, and blend, stopping intermittently and scraping down the sides (it won’t be completely blended at this point).
2. With the blender running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream. Continue blending until emulsified and thickened to a smooth, mayonnaise-like consistency, stopping once to scrape down the sides. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Store in an airtight container and chill until ready to serve.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”