Mother’s Day is all about celebrating Mom (and all the other special maternal figures in your life). Maybe that means cooking her breakfast in bed, creating her a great handmade gift, or making sure she wakes up to a sparkling, clean house. No matter how you show Mom you love her, it’s great to have a day dedicated especially to saying it.
But, as any mom will tell you, children really are their own reward. Yes, it’s great to be recognized for all they do, but moms love their kids in a way that no one but a parent can understand. That deep, primal, unconditional love, plus their (mostly) sweet kid, is something that makes every day better. And even more fun is recognizing your own behaviors in your kid. Maybe they take after you in the way they walk or their expressive hand gestures when they talk. Or, in the case of these 27 lucky moms, your kids end up looking like carbon copies of their mother.
1. Same dress … different baby?
“My daughter and me at 4 months old, in the same dress.”
2. Big eyes and sweet smiles make mother and son look so alike.
“Me and my youngest son. I was a year old and he was 5 months, but he was a big boy — so that’s when he was the size of one-year-old me.”
3. Happiness must be an inheritable trait.
“My daughter and me (both of us were around 2 years old).”
4. These two look like twins, especially with the matching long, blonde hair.
“Here is me at 3.5 years old, and my daughter Freya at the same age.”
5. The color scheme might be different, but those faces are exactly the same.
“Color picture of my daughter (8 years old), black-and-white picture of me (9 years old).”
6. Easily excitable – like mother, like daughter!
“I’m on the left, my daughter is on the right.”
7. Hairstyles and clothing trends may change, but the faces in this family seem to stay the same.
“My daughter and me, both in second grade.”
8. Cute smiles and curly hair all around!
“Me on the left at about 2 years old, and my daughter at the same age on the right.”
9. This almost-identical duo proves it’s not just mothers and daughters who look alike.
“My son and me, both at 9 years old.”
10. This just shows that fake nature backgrounds will never go out of style where school pictures are concerned.
“Me and my son.”
11. Same. Exact. Smile.
“My daughter on the left, me on the right! Strangely everyone thinks she looks like my husband, not me.”
12. This mom and daughter are the same, even down to the hairdo.
“Me on the left and my daughter Charley on the right, at 18 months.”
13. Looking off to the side? Check. Clasped hands? Check. Same face and expression? Check.
“Me on the left and my son on the right.”
14. The blond, curly hair is the easiest shared trait to pick out, but, look closer, and their faces are almost identical, too.