Mom’s Eyebrow Skin Peels Off After Microblading Procedure Goes Terribly Wrong

Amanda Coats went in for a simple microblading appointment that quickly spiralled into a nightmare.

With microblading, a clinician uses a tiny blade to make small cuts in the skin. Ink is then inserted to make eyebrows appear thicker and darker.

Amanda shared her story on an episode of The Doctors, and they agreed that she must have had an allergic reaction to one of the products. The day after her appointment, Amanda realized something was quite wrong.

“I woke up, and my skin had come off onto the pillow,” she said. “It was red and swollen. I went to the doctor immediately because of the pain and severe swelling.”

The Doctors panel suggested making sure anyone who performs this procedure is properly licensed. Typically, those who are allergic to hair or tattoo dyes will also be allergic to what’s used for the microblading procedure.

“If I can help one person, then I don’t mind how bad the photos of me look. I want to make sure no one has to go through what I went through, and that’s the reason I’m speaking out,” Amanda said.

While the mother of two is going to be OK, she did have to pay nearly $1,000 in medical bills to treat her skin.

If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”