Bananas are a go-to fruit for most Americans, even more so than apples and oranges. There are many interesting reasons why. Not only are they simple to peel and consume quickly, but the nutrients give you a mini-meal of sorts. Bananas satisfy your hunger needs and get you through several hours if needed.
Here are some of the other health benefits of bananas:
1) Heartburn– A natural anti-acid, just eating one banana can provide you with soothing relief from heartburn and acid reflux, thus lessening your heartburn symptoms overall.
2) Blood Pressure– Bananas are low in sodium, while high in potassium. This makes them an ideal heart healthy food that can assist in lowering blood pressure while taking protective measures against a heart attack or stroke.
3) Energy– You get immediate energy from eating a banana and this can last for an hour or more, making it the ideal food to consume pre-workout. They can increase your endurance while preventing muscle cramping from taking place.
4) Anemia– Dietary iron is provided from bananas and this can help with those who have anemia. The iron stimulates red blood cells as well as hemoglobin production and this strengthens the blood supply.
5) Ulcers– Usually you have to limit certain foods when ulcers come on. But bananas are the exception as they are soft and smooth, and their texture can actually coat the stomach lining, protecting it from irritation and corrosive acids.
6) Depression– The high levels of tryptophan are ideal for helping with depression. These get converted to serotonin, and in turn, this makes us feel more relaxed and happy, while greatly improving mood and overcoming depression.
7) Constipation– A few bananas can unclog you. There is enough fiber to get bowel movements rolling again, thus providing natural stimulation relief from constipation.
8) Nerves or PMS– Moody or stressed? Take in a banana. This will help in regulating blood sugar. They are rich in B vitamins and this makes it calming for the nervous system leading to a more relaxed feeling and improved mood.
9) Temperature Control– Is it a hot day out? Try eating a banana to cool off. They can actually lower your body temp, and this can also work when you have a fever.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”