Sometimes, with all the bad news in the world, you just need your faith in humanity restored. For those times, we now present 20 times that humanity rose to the occasion and proved that we’re not all bad. (Hint, this is a great list to send to a friend who’s having a bad day.)
1. The time that a stranger paid it forward with tires.
2. An elderly man had a heart attack while shoveling his driveway. Not only did the paramedics save his life, but they returned to finish shoveling for him.
3. When Irish rugby player Brian O’Driscoll visited his biggest fan in the children’s hospital.
4. This emotional day when the San Jose Sharks made Sam Tageson, a young man born with a heart condition, an official Shark for the day.
5. The times when firefighters look out for our fur babies.
6. This dry cleaner who wants to see you succeed.
7. This stranger looking out for your ride.
8. This amazing letter sent to a pizza shop.
9. This tourist giving up his own shoes.
10. A police officer handcuffed himself to a woman who was ready to take her own life. The officer was able to work with a crowd of supporters to save her life.