Since I didn’t have a pet growing up, as an adult, having one is something I can actually think about. I’ve always been more of a dog person. Dogs are incredibly sociable and intuitive, ready to play pretty much anytime. They also have a knack for knowing when you need them most, and their unconditional love?
Because of their playfulness, patience, and sociability, dogs are a naturally great companions for kids. Kids can also learn a lot of valuable things from their faithful Fido. Below are some of the lessons that kids with dogs know all about.
1. Kids who grow up with a dog learn certain things other kids don’t.
2. For instance, there’s no need to be scared of the dark …
3. … as long as you’ve got someone to cuddle.
4. Unconditional love exists.
5. It’s ok to be vulnerable.
6. Sometimes you fall down …
7. … but someone will pick you up again.
8. Lean on your friends if you need to.
9. Let others take care of you.
10. A hug is a beautiful thing.